1. What is the CBN and Solid CBN Inserts?
CBN is the second hardest material known after synthetic diamond but has high thermal and chemical resistance properties. we buy those CBN plates from Element Six, and GE, then using a laser machine and wire cut Electrical Discharge Machining to cut it in pieces for tipped on carbide.
The solid CBN means that the CBN is produced by sintering micron CBN powder and bond material, but not carbide substrate.
Slugger solid CBN inserts offer significant competitive advantages over conventional brazed tip inserts:
- Lower cost per cutting edge, up to two cutting edges for free per insert relative to brazed tip inserts
- Less complexity as fewer formats are required and the production process can be simplified
2. What is the advantage of CBN cutting tool?
A. Excellent surface finish
B. High-speed turning, high performance
C. More flexibility in machining
D. Less investment in machines
E. Not required coolant
F. Easier in recycling and treatment of chips
G. Easier in the removal of the outlet of chips
H.Lower friction coefficient. The friction coefficient of CBN is only 0.1 to 0.3, while that of tungsten carbide is 0.4 to 0.6.
CBN Inserts For Hard Turning
In general, CBN Inserts is the best choice for cast iron, high-temp alloys, hardened materials, Steel. for those superhard materials, hard turning is a big problem if you use carbide inserts(Vibration and Burn of Cutting Tools). CBN Inserts have much higher crack resistance with high-speed cutting.
- Imported Brand diamond material
- High quality Carbide substrates
- Using Japan Vacuum Brazing Technology
- Can be replacement for “Sumitomo”, “Iscar” and “Seco” (Equal inserts life or even higher )
- China manufacturer price
Please Contact us for details.
If your application is Non-ferrous, you may need PCD tools.